On anything but a very smooth road and under full throttle in 1st & 2nd gear, the rear of my car lifts up to plant the tires. But, then it feels like the rear of the car is jumping of the ground, spinning, landing and then doing it again and again.

Once it's in 3rd gear, it stops and feels like its planting the tires hard. It's a manual transmission car with SS springs and Bilstein Shocks. I've tried QA1 double adjustables, but they didn't seem to be properly valved for the range of adjustment I need. Bilstein makes 3 valving options for the longer shocks I choose and I went with their middle valving.

I suspect I need more compression and rebound dampening on my rear shocks, but I'm also trying to avoid a harsh ride on the street. It seems like I need to slow down the extension or rebound of the shocks.

Has anyone corrected this issue, and if so how?

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)