That same kind of mentality is evident on the Hellcat forums. Now I understand that complying with warranty requirements, no matter how asinine, is imperative in order to keep the warranty valid. But other than that, most opinions are total nonsense. Not based on any real experience.

For most of our cars, there is wide range of oils that will serve our engines well. 5 vs 10 weight, or 6 months change vs 12 months change, and yes, syn vs part syn vs petroleum are all a bit ridiculous to argue over. Heck, even the petroleum oils are largely synthetic. No one believes they are straight crude out of the ground.

I have asked a number of times, in a number of venues; how much of a quart of VR1 is petroleum and how much is synthetic additives? And what percentage of synthetic additives does it take to be able to be called semi-synthetic? Does anyone know the answers? I have never been able to find out.

I run Valvoline VR1 in my Hemi, change it once a year and I beat the snot out of it. No oil related failures. How much better than that can you get?

Master, again and still