I take it a step further and run STP oil treatment. Stuff sticks to all internal parts of the engine. Every one I have torn down has a sticky film all over everything. Hell of a lot cheaper than a prelube oiling system and good insurance for the cars that are not used every day in my opinion.
[/quote]
I remember hearing adds on TV in 1952 up to 1956 for the new miracle engine oil additive from Germany, STP work shruggy
I started working in service station, not todays gas only stations, in 1961, I started building my own motors shortly after that and started taking customers motor work in around 1974.
I know customers who used and swore by STP, all the STP motors I tore down for inspection had grey gunk deposits in every little low spot in th elifter valleys, I owned a hot tank and the hot tank solution wouldn't touch those deposits after soaking them for several days shock I had to scrape it out with a screw driver or something narrow enough to get in those small recesses wrench
I'm not sure if the STP formula has changed over the years, especially when Andy Granatelli (SP?) owned the company in the early 1960s.
I don't use it now, haven't in over twenty years due to todays oils are way better than they where in 1950s work
Pennzoil use to be crap until Shell oil bought them, they started adding something to the race oil tin the early 2000s hat sticks on anything like crazy, so has Valvoline up scope

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)