Cab, those bias ply tires look good, but will not be allowed in the street tire classes (sometimes called hard tire classes). They define true street tires as tires with a 220 tread wear rating or higher. There is no size limit, only the tread wear rating limit. It really favors the late model cars who have a lot of choices in softer tires with their larger (18" -20") wheels. I'm not finding much out there for my 15" wheels between the hard street tires with a 500 tread wear rating and drag radials with the 000 rating. It's starting to look like I will have to get the hard street tires and TRY to soften them. If that is even possible.

And those Vitours were mentioned on Yellowbullet. But they only come in 295/50, so they will be a lot shorter than the 295/65s I have been running. And that will probably mean going into 3rd shortly before the line due to running out of RPM. But they sure are a cheap experiment, ebag has 2 shipped for about the same price as a single Mickey.

Heck, a gallon of some of the softeners is more expensive than one of those tires. Go figure.

Master, again and still