Housed in aerodynamic casings to reduce their exposure to dust and rain

Lol, like the backup cameras?

I am always cleaning them off.

I can see the benefit for something like my Daughter's Camaro which has a blind spot the size of a Mack truck. But I still swivel my head around looking, because regardless of what you have for mirrors, you still have a blind spot. My work truck has the tow package mirrors and that includes convex ones much larger than the $2.99 ones you stick on. Still a blind spot there and some texter will find it and sit there.

the backup camera is a handy tool, I use it and both my side view mirrors to see what I am doing as I back up. If I didn't have a camper shell full of tools and parts rendering my rear view mirror useless I doubt I would use it at all except for when hooking up a trailer, it is the handiest there. One thing I love about my 51, no unwanted actions upon the part of my vehicle. I do the controlling, not it. Been more than once the traction control upset my vehicle trying to do something I didn't want it to do. Sometimes I want to turn right to go left.

[Linked Image]

Pretty soon though you won't have any mirrors at all because you won't be driving, the car will do that for you.