So I've been making and selling parts now for about 12 years. Been selling on Ebay all that time and have never had someone request a return and actually return used parts instead of the parts I had sent.

I had sent one of my steering column rebuild kits; Mopar coupler guts, Mopar steering bearing, DMT black coupler seal, DMT stainless coupler cover, DMT stainless coupler clamp/retainer wire and DMT rubber bearing isolator. I sell these for $69 plus free shipping.

On his ebay return request he said "This items are grossly over priced. The individual components can be purchased in separate auctions for less than $30 dollars." He included pictures of a steel coupler cover with the wrong orange seal for $18.99

Told him if he was disappointed to return at my expense (ebay allows him to print a return label on my dime) for a full refund. I saw that he returned and there was tracking showing it was on its way so I refunded the money before it arrived. Even if it had arrived and I didn't refund the money Ebay WOULD have because "the customer is always right".

I could see the customer shopping after the fact and seeing he could have bought some crap cheaper and returning the parts he bought. But if he bought the crappy couple cover and seal and guts; $18.99, a steel wire retainer $7.95, a Chinese bearing $10, and a rubber isolator $8 + 2.86 shipping (from me cause I'm the only one making these) it'd still be $47.80. Not $30 like he says. But in his defense he actually got the good stuff for nothing and I paid $3.50 shipping both ways for him. So my parts will look and work great on his yellow TA. He obviously used my parts. But who actually goes out of his way to insult me and return the used parts. What kind of scumbag does that?

IMG_8315.jpg

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets