I have made that trip a few times, driving and flying . . . drove my 74 Duster360 one year, and then trailered my 70 300Hurst ragtop another year. Can't say I was ever really leary of having the car stolen. And on both driving trips, I had been able to meet up with mopar folks ! . . . Course this was 20 and 15 years ago now . . maybe things have changed ?!?! I never really thought of my cars as "high dollar", but yeah it would suck if they were vandalized or stolen . . . But I like to think if you take your usual precautions - one of the bar locks on the steering wheel (sure it only slows them down, but at least it is something). Maybe pull the coil wire, or take out the rotor ? Have a "flashing" LED inside the car, to give illusion of security system (or have a security system) . ..

I have always enjoyed traveling long distances to car shows, in my car . . . and as I say, can't say I was too worried about it getting stolen - more the parking lot fools that alway seem to gravitate to the car, no matter how far away you park. Last year, I did a 1600mile round trip from home, to Vancouver BC, then Seattle, Spokane and home . . . in my Sport Satellite - no issues at all - other than the usual "gawkers" on the interstate . . . .

Take precautions, put don't live in a bubble . . . enjoy the journey and the show !!!

Cheers

Mark

Satellite2 Leth May 2013.jpgSatellite Leth May 2013.jpg