We attend the Mopar Nats every year, andlly get a room for the weekend even though its only a 2 hour drive from our house. A couple of years ago, 3 cars were stolen from the Hotel we were staying at. One of them was parked next to our Cuda. Never heard a sound, even though we were paying close attention . Cops thought the cars were pushed to a back part of the lot, then towed from there. Later at the show, we heard that the owners of the car had just retired and purchased it, but didn't have any insurance on it. Felt bad for them.
Maybe times have changed, but 30 or so years ago our club was going to attend a show just over the border from Niagra Falls. I contacted a club up there to get info on Hotels, and eventually they offered homes for us to stay in . I was skeptical at first, staying in peoples' homes we didn't know, but they insisted we weren't going to stay in hotels. It ended up being a really rewarding experience for us.
Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck!! Really admire what you are doing!! Larry.