Originally Posted by DoubleD
I bought one about 15 years ago or so - before the new nodular casting was available The rear end was in an 86 charger and the housing was about 22" inches wide - The aluminum center section was huge pain to set-up - you had to heat the thing up in the oven to get the bearing races in - it was a big chunk of aluminum and like mentioned supposed to be 10% stronger. the price back then was around a grand and really was not worth the bang for the bucks. For the weight of car you are planning on - I would not hesitate to use a stock or a nodular casting especially with that back braced housing.

My housing is 35" wide. I'll give the 8 3/4 a chance, see how it goes, I would toss a Dana 60 in it if it has more than it's share of troubles, but I got my fingers crossed.... The big thing with these aluminum center sections seems to be the price, and I agree it's terrible bang for the buck, but I think I'll try it anyways. I just am trying my hardest to make an 8 3/4 work, and it's not big power- 650hp/650 ft lbs, and it's around the 3000 pound mark, it's an automatic I am NOT using a trans brake, and 98% of the time it will be street tires..... Will see I guess. Maybe the center section won't show up!? lol

I appreciate the input.

CrAzYMoPaRGuY