Thanks for the info. Bill yes the Carter data calls out the CA CAP 4324/25 as the Standard trans. The 4402 as the Auto. But does not spell out what front carb for auto. So was it the 4324 or did they still use the 4139 like they did for normal 67 car.

Also, The Mopar parts manual and Service manual for 67 says the 4324/5 was for both transmissions. Conflicts with carter. And only the parts book mentions the 4402. So why two rear carbs unless the 4325 was really 4 speed only.

The reason my interest is I picked up a pair of the these Cap carbs 4324/5 complete with manifold, linkage fuel lines etc... When I remove the carbs from the manifold, which was the late 66 or 67 style. It had the vanke mod. I have not opened up the carbs yet, Just prepped them breaking free all the screws and such.

Just made me wonder reading up on the 67 SS cars. They apparently were dogs compared to the 64/5 cars. Stock street compression, with the inline modified intake, and the modified carters. I was told that NHRA disallowed those cheater carbs which are listed in the Carter data form Nov66. So what happen, were they disallowed after delivery forcing Chrysler to send new 67 carbs? Or did they get disapproved before delivery giving Chrysler time to swap them.

How would these modified 67 carter carbs be distinguished from the stock versions. Carter seemed to have part number change any time a part was modified, and in the case of carbs even a jet change.

The other really interesting thing about these carbs is they have an additional part number stamp on the rear of the carb flange with a 2 digit serial number. That 2 digit number is also stamped on the air horn top along the rear flange. Never seen a carb like that before. Could that be how they documented these SS carbs? If so surprised 67CAP carb would be modified. Or was this some sort of emission requirement and Carter or Mopar serialized the carbs in 67.