hey guys: Just some wandering questions.
When i got out of this so many, many years ago, there were lots of classes to race in, decent purses and bracket racing was all the rage.
These days there doesn't seem to be much unless you have big money, big sponsors and everyone down here seems to hate bracket racing.
Our Duster build is about done and after two years crewing in Nss im not sure i see anything that looks like much fun other than , as im told all the time "racing just for fun".
I was raised in the age of goals and always raced for a wager or a purse , losing were the lessons one had to go through to get good enough to go home with some money.

So: why do people hate bracket racing? I don't get it.
Secondly : Am i just "looking in all the wrong places"?

What happened to racing to win something and the joy of winning coming from it being so danged hard to do because everyone was " all in" on winning, had rivalries etc.
Maybe im just old and the memories have taken on a life of their own ?
I have enjoyed crewing an index car - love it, but i just want to beat the teeth out of everyone once we get to the water box and, im always gunning for cars that have done better than us.
My mind never shuts off on trying to find an edge, another .01 at the 60 or anywhere else.

Maybe im just trying to capture a past i had to walk away from but, down here, everything just looks like "test and tune " to me other than Nhra big money events.
It "seems" like there is much more going on in the North East competition wise, is that true?

Does everyone hate bracket racing now?