Although I did brkt racing in my time 1980>1991 I enjoyed it as it was all new to me but really all I wanted to do was tune and go quicker and just change the dial. There's no real money over here and most say they do it "for fun" which I can understand but that mentality annoys me as if you are a serious about it and want to win your seen as somewhat of an outcast. Watching brkt racing or index racing with t/stops is even worse for me, over here most build a car and then find a class to race it in which is 98% 1 or the other in sportsman apart from Outlaw Anglia and something called Street Eliminator which are heads up, no brk out. To me, thats racing, but again as there no p/w rules you can get a 10 sec car against a 7 sec car, or 1 that has run 6.98@210.... bit of a waste of time really.

Next year I will be crewing for the first time on a brkt car with a complete new combo, being involved is a different ball game, and I should enjoy it as we got a lot to sort out. SPR has finally seen the light and will be running NHRA legal S/SS classes at a few meets, as a starter, although thats still brkt racing, can't see it catching on as a permanent class but you never know, least we are going in the right direction....rules are a dirty word over here apart from safety of course.

Last edited by rb446; 12/18/19 09:16 AM.

1969 'Cuda 446ci, best 9.96@133.9 in 1990
1971 340 'Cuda, best 11.01@122.8 in 1987