Mr J: I think thats great and the heads up has to be exciting .
Everyone should do what they want to do - thats for sure.
It seems to me this sport is a bit more lively the further north one goes?
We have another track down here "For Sale" and its a good track, one i really like even though its about 3-4 hours away depending on traffic.
We used to have 2 tracks within 15-30 min. of my house and i live. have my shop out in the sticks , another 35-45 min away- they are all gone.

I have asked a few former owners/ staff why we lose so many tracks?
Of course the standard answers are first: insurance, city/county hassles etc, but engauged long enough we get to : not enough cars and not enough competition that pulls in spectators/money etc.

I literally hate going to tracks for grudge nights, but, wow! crowds ( all over the *%%$ track- ughhh, takes forever to move the line , oil downs are frequent but, people are betting, cheering!!!!!, they have their favorite cars/drivers and are loyal /informed etc .
Other than there being , literally, 50-100 people standing in the staging lanes, it kinda/sorta reminds me of being young and going to the track- there are actually spectators at local tracks!

Other than the tv shows that really spawned this, the big deal to people is: they are racing "for something" - money! and, its heads up racing.

It seems to be good for the sport as people are there and , they know many of the cars and drivers again.

Track staffs tell me : The more cars and betting- the bigger the crowds .