Originally Posted by CMcAllister
The northeast is a big deal. Probably at least a dozen tracks within 4 hours of us. And I don't mean cornfield 1/8 miles. NHRA, IHRA, class cars, Stock/Super Stock, .90 classes, Top Sportsman and Dragster, brackets (1/8 & 1/4), footbrake, index, local associations (Pro Stick, Mid Atlantic .90, Tri-State S/SS, Pro Mod, etc), fast street car/radial/no prep/outlaw/heads up stuff, nostalgia, motorcycles, snowmobiles - you name it, they race it here somewhere.

To do well in any of it takes some money, along with commitment, skill and experience. It's all relative. But there's a seat for every butt.

Agree with others, no bias against bracket racing and I even campaign a Super Stock car. In fact I’m keeping an eye out for a bracket car to gain seat time and hone skills. If you don’t see many class cars bracket racing it’s simply because motors are generally much more expensive to build and maintain. In most of the southeast there are many good tracks with a variety of programs, most of which pay better with less entry fees than running a typical NHRA Divisional (go figure). And down here it’s virtually a year-round go. Gainesville starts their bracket program mid January. Orlando is probably before that.