So, I've been doing some window shopping and looking for some input. I've been looking at various trucks both newer and vintage. The choices that seem to lure me back on the 1987 Dakota with the 3.9L V6, the 1992-96 Dakota Club Cabs with the 318, and 1997-1999 Dakota Club Cabs also with the 318. Just wondering what your thoughts and opinions are regarding these trucks? Are they good buy? Some of the lower mile ones are priced at $4k or so. To be honest I'm kind of gravitating toward the 1997-1999 models. I mentioned the '87 Dakota because I drove one years ago all bone stock. Rode nice and did what I asked it but, kind of small. The '87 is still somewhat old school with regards to some things.

The other options I'm considering is 81-93 Ram trucks in 2wd long bed configuration but, realize they're more old school than the Dakota slightly. Mainly thinking a 318 if I went this route. The only problem with these trucks is finding some parts now and prices due to the Cummins swap crowd. Anyways, just wanted to see what others thoughts are as I'm just thinking out loud. Out of all these I'm leaning toward a nice 1997-99 Club Cab 4x4 with 5.2 and auto? Any information is greatly appreciated.