After the A688 FBO module was not anymore available ( due the Standard Motor productions move ), GREAT MODULE BTW, Don began to make the HR688 module, which was found applied the same, hide a HEI module into a Mopar "look a like" housing ( similar to the actual HHR688 ). This was found by a customer member of some of the Mopar boards I'm member when got the HR688 failed. I felt this like a scam or cheat. When my A688 module failed ( somehow under warranty time ) and got offered to be replaced by the HR688 which was available by those days I simply denied to get a fancy box with an HEI Module inside, which I can make by myself with one of the stock module boxes I have and getting the module cheaper at any shop, even locally in Venezuela. Maybe some performance HEI Module, and still cheaper. So simply got a credit from him to get another product ( got custom made pushrods ) to make valid the warranty. This was around 10 years ago.

Then he released the HHR688, which seems to be a nice one and engineered from the begining maybe. He gets a good customer service, nice reference information for tune up and is a nice guy, but that situation really got me shocked.

I still have the damaged A688 module in hands, hoping someday get it fixed ( Maybe by Don itself ), and get it as spare while I'm running the Rev-N-Nator

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela