Everyone that makes an aftermarket "high-performance" ECU claims great things, but I haven't the time or means to test them, wish someone would.
One thing I've read from various sellers is that the orange box always pulls timing out at higher RPM, though I don't know if that's true.
(If it is true, that may not even be bad, if you recall the concept of high-RPM retard...)
Only recent experience experience with ECUs is a street car I bought with a Rev-N-Nator in it.
With the vac advance hooked up, it'd rattle like mad at upper RPM or full throttle under load.
Sure enough, when I got the instructions from them, they said disconnect/plug VA, set max timing at 36 and go.
I'm still of the opinion that more VA than that under cruise/light throttle is a good thing (obviously not detonating).
I swapped the Rev-N-Nator for a Standard LX101, re-connected the VA, runs the same (if not better) and no detonation.

On the last few hot street/strip deals, I've used an MP dist, FBO plate or limited slots, MSD6, and F150 coil and they've all run great, lit off quickly, no detonation.