Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Sure, I have to stop for fuel. There's a gas station at just about every exit. I'm not built to drive 8 hours non-stop. After a few hours I may want to stop for a coffee, take a leak, fill the tank, 15 minutes tops, I'm ready for another 250 miles.

I'm not going to plan my route or my schedule around the shortcomings of my vehicle. That's not how it works. If I can't drive anywhere I need to go with nothing more than stopping for fuel a few times, it's useless to me. If someone gave me an electric car today, I have no idea where I could charge it any of the places I might go. Nor do I want to fool around like that during a trip. I already have a vehicle I have to stay close to home with. It's a beater worth about $400.

pssst, that site will show you were the charging stations are. Try a Model 3 long range, and put in one of your longer trips. Newer tesla's are to the point where you only need to charge for ~20 minutes to get close to your 200-250 mile jump to the next pit stop. It's really pretty crazy.

Over the summer we took a 500 mile (round trip) trip to the coast. Turns out there's a charger on the way we were planning to go. It would need to charge once on the way there for ~15 minutes, and once on on the way back. Then it turned out that the hotel we stayed at had a couple charge points, so I could have topped off overnight and reduced the return trip charging stop. Basically, it would have been way more convenient than even I thought laugh2

But yes, there are still routes that if taken regularly, would be terrible with an EV. Those routes will continue to dwindle as more charge stations are installed though.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.