Originally Posted by CMcAllister
I have plenty of battery operated tools in my shop. But they all have multiple batteries so I can keep going while the discharged batteries are being recharged. The ones that don't have replaceable batteries, I have more than one - again, so that I can keep going once a battery goes dead.

A tool that I have to wait on for the battery to charge - for who knows how long while I'm stuck doing nothing with things to do - is a useless POS and of no interest to me. Even if it were free.

So...about these electric vehicles...

Would you trade your battery powered drill for a gas powered one that lasted a little longer, but then you had to find a gas station to refill it, versus plugging in the batteries in your garage and letting them charge overnight? (to make the analogy work, you can't have a jerry can at home, unless you carry one in your car/truck as well). (Yes, a problem with analogies is that they are never perfect, so the discussion often moves to debating the analogy instead of the original point laugh2)

abetterrouteplanner.com lets you pick a car and a route, then it says how long it would take to charge along the way, and about how much it would cost. The results aren't what most people assume they are...

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.