I posted a question about using a high-quench, reverse dome piston in a pump gas centrifugal blower motor in a street car over on A-Bodies only. The majority, if not all of the responses were that it was unnecessary to have high=quench in a blown application.

I started thinking, once the valves are shut and the compression stroke is nearly complete, the induction part of the cycle is out of the picture. Right? so why would the benefits of quench be muted? I don't understand how that could be the case. Quench is directly related to creating turbulence in the cylinder's remaining higher volume area by squishing about half the cylinder's volume into the remaining combustion chamber volume.Why would the effect of supercharging the intake charge render that effective design strategy ineffective?

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)