Originally Posted by HotRodDave
Originally Posted by dthemi
The reason I don't look for quench in supercharged engines is because every stupidly high powered one I've seen has none. Enough evidence for me. lol

I bet if they could they would, no reason the laws of physics would be suspended just because it is a higher pressure than 14.7 PSI. I would be willing to be the reason has more to do with other things that make more power than good quench would that prevent quench from being an easily acomplished goal. Things like big valves and compression ratio are just bigger factors than quench, for example... if good quench adds 20 HP but but a bigger valve might be worth 50HP and make it impossible or very hard to get quench witch one are you going to choose?

Did you read what poly wrote right above your post?

Quench is a band aid for issues with the combustion chamber. It isn't voodoo or magic. It CAN help suppress detonation in a crap combo.

And yes, I've tested this enough that it became redundant and a waste of money.

I've run .150 to .030 quench and if everything else was correct, there was zero HP. Timing stayed the same...as in if an engine needed 42 degrees total timing it didn't matter where the quench was it still took the same timing.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston