Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I've had more than one new cam be off on the LSA whiney rant shruggy
Some of the new solid roller cams with different opening ramps on the one side with a different closing ramp on the other side can get you really confused when checking the LSA and ILC whiney
I normally check the LSA at .200, .100 and at .050 before and after max lift at the retainers with light weight checking valve springs also, that really makes some of the cam grinders think I'm crazy whistling That really helps on finding out what the true rocker arm ratio are also thumbs
They always fix their cams that don't check correctly though up
One of my old drag racer mentors check every lobe at five degree increments on every engine he built, if all the lobes weren't identical he sent those cams back shock work RIP Joe Alread bow angel

I guess we could have gone through the extra work, but I think that the new cam (115 LSA) will be close enough to be great for my Street car. Yes, it is a 605 Indy Aluminum Street Hemi that was 1,090HP on the engine dyno with the old Indy cam, and Dwayne stated that I would most likely lose 50HP on top, however if I lose 100hp, that would not be a very big deal. I had 4" of vacuum at Idle with the 110 LSA, and I am looking for 8-10" at idle. That should be much smoother at Idle at 900 rpm for my Frank Lupo 10" lockup converter driving a 4L80e transmission. I have the Holley Dominator MPFI system, and it really needs a smoother idle. We shall see later this week when I get everything buttoned up.

I will give an update later this week!!!.

Mark

Last edited by lockjaw-express; 10/27/19 11:54 PM.