First, understand that comparing your numbers to numbers from other benches is often just comparing flow benches.

What you really want to know is, what did they flow before you worked on them compared to after.

That being the preface for this: 299@.400 seems like a really really high number for those heads...... I wouldn’t expect to see that here.
Never say never....... but that would be freakishly high for a B.B. Mopar wedge head.
On the other side of the coin, 220@.700 seems pretty low for the ex ports.

One of the first sets of Victor heads I worked on was before the MW version existed.
Owner wanted to use a MW manifold, so I opened the std ones to MW size.
They had already rec’d some blending/clean up when I got them.
I tested them as rec’d, then with the opening enlarged, and the roof line blended deep enough to make from a smooth transition up to the new opening.
I’d have to find my notes to see the exact difference that alone made....... but it was very very little...... like under 5cfm.
They were also in the 330@.700 range.
I ended up getting them near 350 after going MW size and then making the rest of the port a little bigger as well.

How I remember those is that the low/mid-lift numbers were fairly soft.

Edit...... found my notes......
As rec’d, std port opening - 334.0 @.700
Open to MW size - 334.8 @.700
Recut seats, rework chamber, raise roof more, and farther into runner - 349.4 @.700

All those tests showed right about 266 @.400.

Low lift flow not as I had remembered....
.100— 69
.200—146
.300—215

I’m pretty sure with more of a “dyno contest” cam and a better working carb we could have tweaked another 15-20hp out of Brads motor.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads