I think a lot of this talk would be put to bed if a few of us could get our cars finished. My victor mw engine is cammed to make power from about 5000-7500 n/a. It was spec'd for my stick car with a little spray. It dyno'd 686hp first pull, 751 last pull n/a. Car is a four speed with pretty close ratios on a 10.5x29.5. SLR is 11.5. Before it ever leaves the barn it will have DA shocks and DAQ. I don't have time to shoot in the dark. The combo is not practical to most people because the trend in drag racing is to have 3200hp and two speeds. I have no interest in that and have a distaste for ratchet shifters. So lets take my high winding 511 and dump it in a car with a 10" street/strip converter and a pg. Major disappointments on the horizon lol. Now maybe put it in something light with a big tire a loose 5500 stall converter and 5.13s you will have better results. Even if you have a three speed auto with a tight converter my engine would probably be a dog. It needs rear gear and to stay upstairs in the power band. If i wanted to knock the tires off at 1500rpm i drive the 6.7 cummins!

My point is the whole car needs to work. If the engine is not doing what is expected in the car on a chassis dyno or race track i would be yanking it and off to a known/competent dyno operator ala PRH or Best. .