Quote:

Cmon now almost 600 views and barely anyone has suggestions....im open to anything, and yes ive thought about throwing a big block in it but i just think it would bee too nose heavy

Here are a couple of proven go quicker things you can do for next to zero $$$, if you have some basic fab skills. I've posted these before with the results, but I'll do it again for you. First is a fresh air set up. You can do it diff ways, I first made a ram air set up where I attached some round, flexable dryer ducting to an empty air cleaner and ran it down to attach to the bottom of the bumper. This was worth about a tenth and a half over a paper element in a 14" air cleaner assy. I ditched that in favor of a sealed air pan (pic). This was about 28 hun better than the paper filter deal. When made the pan I wanted to test it against the filter AND then against the ram air on the same day in back to back tests. This was the results. This was with my old 360 motor. First pass with paper filter set up was 11.55. Took that stuff off and put the ram air set up on it for pass 2. It went 11.41. took that off and put on the air pan, sealed to hood scoop and it went 11.27. In all of this I spent less than $15. The next "trick" is in next reply.

5128429-pan2.jpg (122 downloads)