This is NOT factory MOPAR wiring I am doing but it is in a MOPAR. Just wanted to get that out of the way up front. Please study the first picture.

[Linked Image]

Ok, this is how they want you to do the starter wiring. They have you running 3 pretty big wires to the batt stud on the starter. This is in a big block B body so picture where the battery is located and the starter relay. I have those huge Mega fuses mounted on the drivers side inner fender just above the starter relay which puts them about 12 inches from the battery. Everything is nice and close. On to the second picture.

[Linked Image]

In an effort to tidy things up a bit, what I am thinking about doing, is moving those two wire ends from the starter stud to that stud on the mega fuse. Everything in that circuit will still be fused and powered up. The wires will be a lot shorter and much easier to make into a harness. Nothing is completely wired yet, just in the planning stages on this part. I did use a 4 gage wire going down to the starter so that should be good. I did call American Autowire(the harness maker) to chat with an engineer, but got a salesman instead. shock He was supposed to have a REAL engineer give me a call, but I am still waiting. whistling
Opinions please.

Last edited by SKR8PN; 09/25/19 06:01 PM.

Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve.