Originally Posted by jbc426
I made my own in-tank pump set-up from a replacement sending unit. Used some hardware from Iridium Engineering for the wiring bulkhead pass through, and I did have to silver solder in a larger return.

My in-tank pump feeds a surge tank with a second in-tank pump in it for my EFI. Surge tanks work really well with this type of set-up and yours. The fuel from the tank to the surge tank and back to the return to the tank circulates at near zero PSI, but with significant volume. It fills the surge tank with fuel and clears any bubbles formed in the lines when the pump gets uncovered from G-forces and low fuel levels.

You can feed a low pressure pump from you surge tank to a carb or upgrade to an EFI pump if you ever decide to go that route..

This set-up will provide 100% air free fuel down to the last few gallons in the tank even on a road course using a stock replacement tank. Works way better than most of the "baffled" fuel tanks available these days, especially when below half a tank.

your setup [especially the in tank part] is what i was considering doing.
over the years, i have converted a few sending units to 3/8 and 1/2" pickups, plus return lines, so that's my current thought for the in tank pump.
however, i never thought about what you said about a surge tank providing "bubble free" fuel.
i'll have to reconsider this now.
Thank You [both] ! bow
beer