The for Pro to the lanes is called, and now I have to decide what to put on the car for a dial in. The last passes 330's should have been around a 9.80 or about there, so that is what I wrote on the window. Not happy with how the car responded to lowering the tire pressure, I raised it to 12.5lbs, and then tightened the front shock extension 3 more clicks. I know. Not supposed to be making changes before first round, but figured if I had the other guy covered, I'd be OK, and could wheel race him. Back up to the staging lanes.

Cars are paired off with a card system. Depending on what lane you are in. The Staging lane director shuffles a deck of cards, and if she pulls your lane number, she points, and off you go. I am in the far left lane. I'm two cars back from the front, and cars are being pulled non stop out of the 3 lanes to my right. Did they forget to add this lane? About 10 minutes in, finally the Lady points at me, and I pull into the left lane, and I'm about 10 cars back from the starting line. I look to my right to see who I'm paired up against, and slump my head. The car is a 1973 Duster. The only other stick car running in Pro. The car runs a old NASCAR small block, with a Lenco trans. He leaves at 7500, and shifts the thing at 9500. Wicked piece. BTW, he bought the car brand new in 1973! Great guy, and him and I talked for hours over the weekend, as he stopped by to look at the car multiple times. Anyways, he is dialed in at 9.50, to my 9.80. As the tree comes down, I mash the throttle, and the engine goes up on the 2 step at 5200, but in the other lane I can hear the sweet sound of a P5R7 symphony. I snap the clutch, and the car leaves like it's never left before. As I am about to pull second gear, I see his win light come on. True Start doesn't show your RED light right away. Well I'm done, but I'm going to let this thing hang all the way out, as it feels good. As I reach about the 1300 foot mark, I can hear the nasty Small block getting close, but I never see him. Well? How RED was I??? Pick up my timeslip, and it hurts. -.008 Dang... But LOOK at that! 9.72 @ 137mph!!!! A new best again, and the car is headed home in one piece. Complete WIN for myself I feel.

Here is a video of that run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADLsZ8tzQvk

MotovatorSept19-12.jpg

69 GTX 68 Road Runner