Now that the car is working well, I decided it was time to maybe tinker with it some. Do I adjust the shocks? Tire pressure? Wasn't real sure where to start. Talked to a buddy of mine that runs a low 9 second 64 Falco, and we run the exact same tire, and his car used to run a stick. He said he was running about 7-8 lbs in the tires, and then asked what I ran? Was between 12.5-13lbs. He started laughing, and said, air them down. Remembering what Monte Smith always told me about air pressure, "Keep going up, until the car starts going slower"... Not sure what to do, as I've never ran this tire before, I figured I'd lower them a bit, and see what it does, so I dropped the tire pressure down to 10.5, added some fuel, and headed to the lanes. I got paired with another friend, that has been a Trunk Monkey on Drag Week, and had his cool 2 tons of fun '57 Ford there, and it runs low 11's. We both stage, the engine hit's 5200, and off I go. Car doesn't feel bad, but I can tell it's just a tick off. Get my time slip, and sure enough the 60' shows it must have spun. Ran 9.830, at 138mph. I'm over all happy, so I call it a day. See the link of the video from that pass. Labeled it wrong. Should say 9.83

The day was capped off with a group photo, of my buddies, and cars. The 4 of us will be making the trek to Monster Mopar next year. This is the crew that put me up to the "One Year Challenge". It took 2 years, and 3 months, but without the push, who knows how far along I'd be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYQL-wSgkwU

MotovatorSept19-10.jpg
Last edited by JERICOGTX; 09/10/19 11:08 AM.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner