Originally Posted by AndyF
I'm getting close to finishing up the Duster. This is one of those projects that I thought I'd knock out in a few months then it turned into a year and now it is right at 2 years since I started working on it. I changed my mind on a bunch of things, changed direction on engine, changed direction on race car vs. street car, etc. But I learned a lot in the process and maybe even had some fun. It was a lot more work than I expected but it does feel good to be getting close to the end. I wouldn't be close to finishing the project without help. I got stuck hard a couple of times where I just didn't have the tools or talent to fix the problems. I had to drag the car twice to a chassis shop so they could fix the core support, add the cage, fix the floor, fix the rear suspension mounting points, fix the frame issues, etc. I just didn't have the capability of doing that stuff. I also had it towed to the paint shop and had it towed out for a custom exhaust system. I've had people over several times to help me with stuff like the front end alignment and window glass. I've learned the hard way that if I need help I need help. If I try something myself and bust stuff then that puts me further behind. I have more tools, time and experience than most home shop guys but there are a lot of things I don't know how to do so I learned to ask for help.

To be fair, the Duster sat in my shop untouched for 5 years while I was working full time. I didn't actually have any time to work on it until I quit my day job. So I understand if people who have a family and are working 40+ hours a week can't also squeeze in the time to work on a car project. I didn't have time for this project when I was working full time.

LOL..."and maybe had some fun"! I don't know why, but that just made me LOL.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston