I'm starting to make time to put the Imperial's 440 together. The original plan was to inject it but I think I'm going to go with a carb for a while. That would get me on the road quicker and allow me to use the extra funds for other stuff on the car.
I've been looking at the Street Demon and my CH4B.

The engine is built for low to mid-range torque with 10.2:1 compression, Eddy heads, and a mild cam. The old Desktop Dyno software suggested the build would make 460+ lb/ft from 2000 - 5000 with a peak nudging 500 lb/ft. HP would top out around 440. It's a 5300 lb car with a 3.23 gear and 29" tires.

So, assuming I can turn 400 lb/ft at the wheels to get this fatty cruising effortlessly down the highway, should I do it with a reman TQ and different intake or stick with the Street Demon and CH4B? Sadly, I don't have hood clearance for a Performer RPM or carb spacer.

My first car was a 74 RR with a 360 and I miss the sound of that Thermoquad at full gallop. The Imperial is very quiet and that howl would add that extra little touch that the old beasts need.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon