I like my ammeter (+ a voltmeter on switched 12V) with the 2 bulkhead terminals drilled straight thru (per Nachos bulkhead parallel bypass). On your Q I would: delete the alt to bulkhead black wire. run the alt to the battery or starter relay (whichever is closer/convenient/practical). Then run from the starter relay to a FL at the bulkhead, then run this thru a single drilled out cavity in the bulkhead (same as Nachos bulkhead parallel bypass except you are only drilling one bulkhead cavity) inside to the one wire on the ammeter that goes out to the "welded splice" which'd be the one on the downstream ammeter terminal (I forget if it is red or black). this gives a straight shot from alt to battery and a straight shot from the battery (via starter relay) thru the firewall to the welded splice where it T's to the ign switch/headlight sw/horn/fuse box to power everything inside. #1 #1 check/clean ALL terminals/connections including ground paths. EDIT & actually there ain't an issue say for aesthetics (appearances) with keeping the black wire from the alt into the ammeter terminal (if you do the rest of the described bypass), just make sure you run this wire straight thru the bulkhead (nachos bypass) like the one with the FL as opposed to the OE 1/4" packard 56 male/female terminals makeing the bulkhead connection.

Last edited by RapidRobert; 06/28/19 07:53 AM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth