The back side is just the finish that it came with from comp. Its been in the engine for 6 years now (hard to believe), was broken in correctly with comp cams break in oil. I actually left the inner springs out for the first 300 miles or so. Always had VR1 or Brad Penn in it, first few oil changes I added the comp additive to it as well. The very last oil change interval was over-extended, almost 2 years because the car was mostly just sitting, maybe 500 miles on it in that time. I'm not sure exactly how many miles are on the cam because I've had different gears and speedo gears, but its about 5000 give or take a few.

The cam is a Comp XS290S (252/260 @ .050 540/558 lift). I actually had a heck of a time getting this thing to run well at first, it was pretty doggy but it turned out my mechanical fuel pump was inadequate with local pump gas and vapor lock, and my mufflers were just too restrictive, once I changed both of those it came into its own, was hoping to finally get it to the track this year.

The rest of the combo is Steath heads OOTB, 10.5:1, 1 7/8 inch Hooker Comp headers, 850 DP, stock stroke 440, 4 speed, 4.10s in a B body. Intake was a TM7 but the holes are elongated and I have intake sealing issues (wants to pull oil from the bottom) so I'm going to buy a new intake.

Will post pics of the lifters when they are out. Right now I'm debating if I'm pulling the engine or not, its got a rear seal leak that has been annoying me, if I think I need to inspect the bearings I might go that route and make my life easier to pull the pan, change the rear main seal, and degree the cam with my big moroso wheel. Headers also need a coat of paint.

Last edited by GTX MATT; 06/25/19 12:36 PM.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street