Wouldn’t be a drag race without controversy.

To clear the air we invited Ronnie and team to be a part of the Friday program of the event. It is a good thing that Ronnie and Pat do for the racers and their program is enjoyable.

I appreciate the feedback and opinions on the event and will say all of these are considered when planning an event of this size. The changes made this year for the event were not easy to decide on as it is different than in the past. However the structure of the event needed to change to keep the event moving forward. This event is about honoring the legacy of a great man who would give you the shirt off his back to help at the track or in life.

The decision to run 1/8 mile was done as that is the trend in the surrounding area at most tracks. This opens up the event to a lot more attendees and the ability for us to grow the racing family that participated in the event. Track length will always be a debate and I do not participate in those as it’s as volatile as politics.

What I do ask is that when there is an issue with ours or any other event that you contact the promoter, track manager or both on a private level. That is how things used to get done. A one on one conversation where differences can be discussed.

It’s true car counts are decreasing anyone can see that but to regain the glory of old we have to stop posting negative comments on message boards that not only hurt the event/track but the sport in general.

Appreciate all the support our sponsors give and to the racers who enjoy and participate in the event. Without those great people we would not be able to continue this fun and enjoyable family event.

AJ