Originally Posted by oddjob
The NSS boys (Steve and Ron) draw from Curts race for their Friday race, then take their marbles and go home! They don't even stay for Saturday or Sunday! That Johnstown group are strange, Seems that Bob George has helped almost all of them at one time or another over the years , ( at no charge) Shame they live so close and won't honor Curts memory

I don't know who you are, oddjob, but we were requested by Bob George to come this weekend. It was not in our plans. Reading stuff like this makes me regret accepting.

Ronnie posted a thousand dollars a year to Bob to help him run this race, to help sponsor this event. . I can guarantee you know, that is done. In fact, we may cancel our portion at all. I don't know who the hell you are, but we'll find out. You have no input. We don't need this. Yes, we hate 8th mile racing, but that is not the point. We will discuss this this afternoon. We went through this before, certain characters didn't like the way we ran our tree, dial in, etc. This is the second time we've been criticized for accepting BGR's invitation and request. Don't need t.

We'll talk it over this afternoon. We have done more to honor Curt's memory than most. What have you ever ponied up, or done?? My guess is nothing. . I don't get ticked often, but right now I am totally livid. I mean livid. Do not be surprised if we post later that our portion of the event will be cancelled. I can tell you what Ronnie's reaction will be.....he will go through the roof. We don't need Curt's race to draw. We really, really don't. We have a lot of time and money in this deal, and for you to say what you said really, really, ticks us off, big time. We don't need this aggravation. Over the years Ronnie has invested over $10K in this event. You have no clue. I don't recall anyone named Oddjob at any of the planning meetings.

If you had any guts, you'd post your real name, but, we think we know who this is anyway. And, I just got off the phone with Ronnie....we are going to take your advice and cancel our portion, so as not to draw off of Curt's race. You can call Bob and AJ and explain it all to them. We will reschedule it, after discussing it with Greg. We don't want to see Greg hurt. Ronnie is calling Bob as we speak to discuss it, out of courtesy to him.

We don't make anything on our deal. When we ran our program regularly, we averaged 30 cars an event. That is just fine! Anymore requires more work. We did it for two reasons: We support Greg and wanted to get some cars sitting in garages back to the races; get some folks in the stands, and, because we love it. Ronnie and Pat posted money, the track kept the entry, and provided the facility. It worked in all cases. The only reason we haven't done it much this year is because Ronnie is having some family and illness issues that is demanding more of his attention. We were called by BGR several months ago and asked if we would run a program this weekend. Ronnie and Pat have always supported BGR, so they accepted, until this. How many would stay over and run an 8th mile bracket race? I don't know, exactly, I suppose a couple would have. Many more would have left, as most of us old timers are not into half a drag race. So, no, we can operate just fine independently of this event. Besides, a lot of us are old timers that use the bathroom alot. Kind of a strange bunch, I know.

Right now, after this, Ronnie and Pat are not real enthused about posting money for this weekend, and I'm not real enthused about running it. None of us need the aggravation. We'll do it again on our own terms in our own time, and will discuss it with Greg. We have our quirks, are old and cranky, and personal insults, publicly by people who hide their identity are not on our list of things we feel we want to tolerate. I printed this out so I have a permanent record of your comment, so if you delete it it's OK. We got it.

Last edited by 1118Steve; 06/23/19 02:34 PM.

"Old Age and Treachery beats youth and enthusiasm"