Originally Posted by mopower440
Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Just re-read my original recommendation.

fast, i re-read your original suggestion. You said use 84cc e-streets rather than the 88cc..Can you tell me why as thats only 4 cc difference? also, why do they make both of those size combustion chambers being they are only 4cc's apart..thats very strange..Again, im asking because i plain and simple dont know and want to understand why, besides the better hardware you were talking about..I totally trust your advice 100000%, i know youve been doing this a long time and everyone recommends you, thats why im bugging you because you know what your doing, i just want to understand too! I know ive saved for a long time to be able to do this and i just want the best one thats in my price range..I would be very dissapointed to buy a set thinking they are going to be all great, then bolt them on and not see much difference. I FINALLY swapped out my stock iron intake for the holley street dominator last week and dont notice any difference, so was kind of dissapointed, but i know it will be better with the new heads. Im guessing the stock intake flowed more than enough for the stock heads. Something i remember reading on another post kind of dissapointed me..they were saying the rpm's and e-streets and stealths were all 84-88cc open chamber heads, and if you are using flat top pistons, then the gain is not worth the expense besides the weight reduction because of little to no quench..I dont understand why it wouldnt be worth it because if you can take your heads off and port them and put them back on and gain a good bit of power, then why cant you bolt on a set of aluminum heads that already have bigger ports and have the same open chamber and still gain decently?
as posted previously; 88cc is for quench dome pistons. you don't have quench dome pistons. 84cc for flat top pistons. you have flat top pistons.