Originally Posted by BSB67
Originally Posted by mopower440
Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Hands down, the “best” of the std port/std port height ootb heads are the Trick Flows.

Everything else is a pretty big step behind that.

Between the Ede, Sidewinder, ProMaxx, Speedmaster, Stealth heads...... ootb..... the Stealths flow the least.
Sure, they can easily be tweaked for improvements....... but so can the others.

The Ede heads come with better hardware than the copycats.

My preference for all of those heads is the Ede head.
I have more faith in the integrity of the USA made casting vs the import casting, and I trust the hardware.

If you can swing the $$$$...... get the TF’s.

Dont know if i could swing the TF's..I was reading some old thread where you posted flow numbers and the E-street was dead last, so that kind of bums be out on the edelbrocks..What needs to be done to the stealths to make them trustable and reliable?

I'm a little confused. What exactly is your goal? Sounds like the criteria is the highest flowing head. Consider starting with a goal for the car. What does it run now? What do you want it to run, and what is your budget? You cannot pick the appropriate head flow/$ in a vacuum of everything else. Here is the way it generally works: the more you spend on the heads, the more they will flow.

Depending on your current performance/power, any more flow above what the Eddys have might simply be diminishing returns.

I didn't realize how much more the TF's were than the eddies and stealths until I got to looking last night. The e-streets and stealths aren't too far apart in price and THATS the price range I will be looking at, unless I were to stumble upon some used TF's at a deal. I just cant swing the money for the TF's due to having family to care for and all. So I guess I should say, with an eddie/stealth budget, what would be the best flowing..but after reading Dwaynes chart on another post, it looks like the stealths, but im not the expert so I will keep listening here.and I know there are other heads in that price range too. Also, what are the 'super stealths'? I did not see these on the 440 source website...remember also, I am willing to change the cam for a better one too.

Last edited by mopower440; 06/21/19 08:11 AM.