Originally Posted by lewtot184
Originally Posted by mopower440
Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
as far as power goes my comparison is between a set of stage V's fast68plymouth did vs 84cc edelbrocks, with just me cleaning the boogers up in the intake ports in the edelbrocks, good quench both times, not a big difference in power

I just wanted to highlight that Lews ported stage v’s are a huge step up from a set of untouched 452’s...... so it’s expected that there would be very little difference in power between them and a set of RPM’s.

Ok, so if the stave V's are a big step up from untouched 452's AND the stage V's are similar in power to the RPM's, then why wouldn't those RPM's help me muchbeing they ARE a big step up from 452's? Just asking to learn..
the rpm's will help your performance. just use the 84cc head. my guess would be in the 40hp range increase, BUT pay careful attention to rocker and push rod geometry with the rpms.

I think im going to wait and get the E-streets instead because of the valve train mess. These RPM's were used and at a good price and ready to bolt on, so I was curious, but sounds like not the right head for what I want. I do want to save for a set but would like recommendations on which set..I know a few on here said the edelbrock E-streets, but is that the final recommendation because there are the stealths, trick flows, edelbrocks, etc..Like I said, I want the best bang for the buck as far as straight out of the box with no porting..just checking them out and corrected at the machine shop if needed..