Here's a pictorial clearance study comparing clearance with 2 different rockers, mocked up using a generic 3/8 MP pushrod.

Both shown with the valve closed. The clearance opens up/improves as the valve opens and the rocker moves.

The one with a little bit of clearance is with a stock replacement MP rocker, I believe 1.52
The one with no clearance (or at least, less than a strip of notebook paper) Is with an Indy steel roller rocker, I believe 1.55

Seems to make sense it is due to the different ratio.

I'm not too worried about it, I will use the stock replacement rockers as I collected them for awhile... and will continue the project.
After sitting down with dividers and a caliper, comparing the ports to stock heads, I see why the Masters pointed me towards these victor heads for the big ci engine. They added an amazing amount of volume compared to stock. Under load, the pushrod will deflect away from the tight spot.

Without extra parts, a guy would be stuck. Being that this is a tube, it's not like I can just grind for clearance.

I haven't looked into whether tapered pushrods are available with a cup on top, and I'm kind of doubting anyone makes that...but does anyone have info on that topic?

20190613_204624.jpg20190613_203918.jpg
Last edited by ZIPPY; 06/14/19 01:53 PM.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri