Originally Posted by 340Cuda
Do you have any photos of the front spring hangers on the car when you got it? There was something unique about those.Bill

No, after I bought it, I took it to Chick DeNinno to install a Super Stock legal chassis and four link. The springs and hangers would have been thrown away by him. Approximately five people owned the car between Weldon Christian and me, so it may have not been there anyway.

Before I bought the car in 1985, I was told by various Max Wedge racers that it was an original aluminum car. When I arrived to look at the car, I could see it was an original factory Max Wedge, but I immediately knew it was not an original aluminum car. It did not have the items I look for in the trunk for a factory trunk mount battery. Though slightly disappointed, I bought the car anyway. The car had no engine, transmission, or center section. The owner, Roy Dean (the son), had a steel nose 63 Plymouth wagon running B/SA or C/SA next to the Savoy. He had taken those items out of the Savoy and had put them in the wagon. Maybe the spring hangers were also swapped to the wagon.

If you have made it to this post, you have read my reply to Transman. The car had a hood ornament because the car received a set of the extra aluminum. The installer moved the hood ornament from the steel hood to the aluminum when he shouldn't have installed it. That what makes the car so unique. Then add in a pentastar was added in the wrong place, both cars are white, with blue interior, high compression, automatic, and Weldon Christian's car went to Minnesota, and then Glenn Grubber bought the car in Minnesota, make me believe without a doubt, as of now, Weldon Christian's car is my car.

I have googled Weldon Christian and he and Steve had an amazing collection of mopars in the 1960's, I am impressed! I still want to find the history of the original buyer. You said the car was in Dallas, and Oklahoma City isn't very far from Dallas. Here is the only picture of Fretwell's I could find.

[Linked Image]