Originally Posted by Superlead
Here is what I see. The car is in Oklahoma. It is a white 63 Savoy with blue interior. The AA/SA on the side window tells me it is a high compression automatic. Now look at the aluminum hood.
This is all I know to be correct. I would not know about the other details.

Is this saying the was not a factory lightweight and the front end was added later. I know the front end was a lot different that 64 max wedges in that it was much more sturdy.

They may not still be there but one other thing I remember about the car is that it had "police" front spring hangers that moved the front of the spring higher than stock.

I won't be able to do it until later but I will look though the paperwork and see if I can find anything else on the car. However I am not optimistic at all. I have been wanting to know what happened to that car for years. It was the best race car they ever had.

I just remembered one other thing. I saw that car at the Nationals in Indianapolis after Weldon sold it. I don't remember the exact year but it was probably 69 or early 70s. I knew it was the same car because I had installed the tach and it had the same mounting. I don't think it had the stripes on it then but that was a long time ago. The owner was not around so I did not get to talk to him. He must have lost early because I don't remember seeing the car again later in the race.

Are you trying to buy the car?

Last edited by 340Cuda; 05/10/19 11:08 AM.