Originally Posted by Superlead

A few weeks ago, I showed a friend of mine, Mark Wilson, a picture of the Cox car. The first thing out of his mouth was “The pentastar is in the wrong place.” I also showed Darrell Davis the picture and the first thing he said was “The pentastar is in the wrong place.” And then he preceded to tell me he knew Billy Cox and his son, and he told me a few stories about them. He looked through his database to see if Billy Cox ever sold a white 63 Savoy, and Cox never sold a white 63 Savoy.

How many Oklahoma white 63 Savoys, with blue interior, with an aluminum front end, high compression, an automatic, an emblem on an aluminum hood, no Plymouth emblem on the fender, and the pentastar in the wrong place went to Minnesota? Bill, you say you are not optimistic about finding the car, but I look at the Cox car and feel a strong possibility it is my car.

Cox Motor company was owned by the late Ray Cox, his son Billy was active in the management. Billy has a son but I don't know his name. The dealership has been closed for quite a while now.

Don Grotheer, who still lives in Oklahoma, had a couple of white 63s, but both of them were manual transmissions. The second one had a aluminium front end but it was the frond end off of Weldon's 64 max wedge that Don changed over to a 63.

Given the circumstances I have no doubt the "Weldon Christian Cox Motors" max wedge is yours.

Where was your car sold new?

The more I think about it I think the guy in Dallas that Weldon bought your car from first name was Bob (Robert?) but I could be all wrong.

Really glad the car has found a good home.