Originally Posted by Get-X
Originally Posted by Crazy68Dart
Originally Posted by RapidRobert
I've checked the float level a few times, and understand that the general recommendation is that fuel should dripple very slightly out of the bottom of sight plug with a rock of the car.
I would go ahead & raise it to there.

Should I be looking for fuel to dribble out just when simply removing the sight plug, or only with a *slight* rock of the car?

It should start to dribble out running at idle with the plug removed. That being said, it should barely be weeping out, not pouring out in any way. If you rock the car then it should pour out a bit then stop when settling. Also, your primary jetting seems very light compared to where I've had my 383's in the past with the Holley 750, but those motors were not stock with stock cams. I wouldn't worry about what the number is, I'd just jet it where it wants to be.

Yeah, the 73s really helped, so it was lean. Its stock cam with RPM intake, headers, and the 750. Its running better and better the more I tweak it.

Okay, thanks. From what I have read from various tuning guides is that the lower threads just barely get wet / very light dribble of fuel. My floats are low. I'll adjust them up and keep tinkering.

383, Hemi 4-Speed, AlterKtion, D60