I had been having issues with the Dart getting warm in traffic. I had a jag clutch / fan that never seemed to pull a lot of air. I replaced it with the following, and a 1" spacer.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g4917

Am running the stock 318 radiator, re-cored to 3 rows. Engine is stock/rebuilt 68' 383, with carb, headers, intake.

I have the initial timing set at 18 degrees, only the light spring, and total timing at 38. I have the vacuum advance hooked up adding 18 more degrees of timing. Hooked to manifold/lower port on Holley DP. I am thinking this might be too much timing as the car seems to be hesitating/breaking up from 2-3k RPM at light throttle. The exhaust is somewhat loud, I have looked at number 1 and 8 plugs, and no signs of detonation. I doubt I could hear it if it was. Plugs are a lightish tan in color. Carb is stock, stock jets, etc. etc.

If I get on the car it wakes up, and I am wondering if this is because vacuum drops and all that timing goes away.

I am going to mess with the vacuum advance, try it disconnected, see if the car acts different, etc. It won't idle as clean. Right now I have around 20" of dead steady vacuum with the can hooked up at about 950 RPM.

Anyone think I am hurting anything cruising around? Only way I know to dial this thing in...

Thanks

383, Hemi 4-Speed, AlterKtion, D60