Originally Posted by gregcharger72
Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Both sides are fed by the oil going to the #4 cam journal, and through the cam when the holes in the cam line up with the holes in the bearing.
Both sides are at the same point in the flow path.

There would have to be a restriction to the feed on the one side to not have equal oiling to the top end.

My thought at this point is....... the #4 cam bearing is toast(as well as maybe a couple more), and may have wadded up some babbitt and stuffed it in the feed holes going to the top...... and the one side is essentially blocked off.
I did find some bearing material [ that is what it looks like] in the oil on the pass sde head. I guess i'll find out when i get it apart.. thank you for your help! Would or can an incorrectly installed cam bearing cause low oil pressure?

Sounds like something went wrong but I don't have any good guesses at this point. Perhaps some sort of assembly mistake. We had a 427 Ford in the shop a few years back that would lose oil pressure when it was warm. Nobody could figure it out so the engine was stripped down to the bare block. Turns out there was an internal crack in the block which opened up a bit as the block got hot. Hadn't seen that one before.