Originally Posted by calrobb2000

3310 and 3310-1 are diff as they have a front and rear metering block they are 780 cfm !

3310 -2 and later are 750 cfm !

yes they have diff jetting but both work very good .

i have i friend that has dynoded his 340 and no jet changes it was right on !

Most of the time spent on the dyno is at WOT. And nearly all of the Holleys that I have had have been right on or very close at WOT. But the problem areas are in the transitions and cruise. Those areas are typically not measured on a dyno, but are where our street cars spend nearly all their time. Once again, the 3310s and the like are good carbs. They just need a good amount of work to be right for our street cars. Just because they don't exhibit any bad habits does not mean they are dialed in.

I still occasionally pick up a used 3310 at a swap meet for $75 or so, clean it up, and throw some gaskets and a couple other parts in it for a buddy on a tight budget. But then it still needs a few hours spent on it with the wide band to get right. I don't usually charge them for the time I spend so it is a good deal for them. But a new Street Demon with it's modern features makes a bunch more sense for $350+/- than redoing an old 3310 for $125+/- and the better part of a day in labor.

There are simply better carb choices available today for our street cars than the old 3310s.

Master, again and still