I've never been a holley fan. I think they are good carbs for racing but I've always had bad luck with them on the street. Lately I've been tempted to try a thermoquad - you can buy remanned units through places like Rock Auto and Classic Industries for around $250. In almost 25 years of owning mopars I've never run a TQ and would really like to experience that infamous roar on a 360 I'll be using in my Charger. But with a reman you have no idea what kind of mixed bag of parts you'll be getting and I know there's a steep learning curve with the TQs.

Edelbrock has the AVS with the secondary air door and they just released the AV2. The biggest issue with the edelbrocks is the off-idle stumble, which you will probably have to overcome. That being said, once you get it right you'll be ok. If you have a 509 cam you'll need to change out your rod springs. They are very streetable carbs but they are also boring. That may sound stupid but they are.

The latest street demons with their black fuel bowl are an obvious nod to the thermoquad. I haven't tried one so I can't comment on performance. They can be used on a spread bore or square bore intake, although I don't know if you would need a spacer on a factory spread bore intake. They use a small primary/large secondary like a spread bore and have an adjustable air door, another nice feature. You'd have to ask around if they have that TQ/Q-jet "roar."