Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
Originally Posted by Fab64
Sorry I can't offer any help, but was just wondering what "six pack book" you're talking about? I wasn't aware there was a book on this, thanks,

Roger

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/...ok-hp1528-by-larry-shepard/9781557885289

lol

Normally I give Auto books a pass, as different things appeal to different people. Paint techniques, emphasis on particular options or overzealous fixation on history are common. However, this book actually misses the point of its title, including far more information of a general nature than ever explaining its focus.

For example, the Author goes on for literally the bulk of the book on general engine assembly, oiling system, block prep, etc and spends a mere 19 pages on the intake and carbs themselves! Even worse, whole areas of the tuning process are ignored. Should not a book on Six Pack induction focus on the six pack induction, its tuning and troubleshooting? The areas NOT EVEN MENTIONED are not details, but items such as kill bleeds and their effect on opening speed of the outboards. Would an adjustable kill bleed setup be a better technique for opening the outboards for today's large displacement crate engines than changing the springs?? At what RPM are each spring rated to open the outboards? One will never know, though Larry goes on for 18 pages about the Chrysler oiling system, hardly a important consideration to an exotic multiple carb setup.