Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
[quote=69 F5 R/T]

When I used 750's on the Vanke, I started from scratch and developed a stagger that worked using dyno testing with thermocouples in all 8 tubes plus track testing. I am 100% certain that my results were NOT dead on. But they were closer than when I started. That was 16-17 yeas ago. If someone is going o run 750's on a Vanke, I will try to find my notes.

My motor at the time I switched to the Vanke was a 4.310x 4.15, solid flat tappet w 630ish lift, short duration (can't remember the numbers) $600 worth of porting by Glen Knowlton, 11.8:1, 612 horse. Over time, I added the 750's, a .730 roller cam, more porting, and added about 100 horse. Shifted at 7400.
Then I converted a factory intake to a single plane that still looked stock on the outside and picked up another 40 horse. This was all with exhaust manifolds for FAST.

Man, to be a fly on the wall during those dyno sessions would have been Nuts!

Do you recall the change in bottom end and top end power when you switched to the gutted (pretty well plenum short runner) intake?

I could see 3-500 increase in top end power, but very curious how much low end would be lost.

Bringin Back the Iron!