Originally Posted by 69 F5 R/T
Originally Posted by JAKE68
While all that jetting is fine for a starting point but remember the factory cars equipped with the vanke intake had larger carbs than factory street hemi.

Agreed, but when you get confirmed info from a reputable member who says this;

"I used this as a starting point with my sock 625 cfm carbs and vanke modded intake, and it worked pretty good."

It gives you a good indication that dual 625's can be made to work : )

When I used 750's on the Vanke, I started from scratch and developed a stagger that worked using dyno testing with thermocouples in all 8 tubes plus track testing. I am 100% certain that my results were NOT dead on. But they were closer than when I started. That was 16-17 yeas ago. If someone is going o run 750's on a Vanke, I will try to find my notes.

My motor at the time I switched to the Vanke was a 4.310x 4.15, solid flat tappet w 630ish lift, short duration (can't remember the numbers) $600 worth of porting by Glen Knowlton, 11.8:1, 612 horse. Over time, I added the 750's, a .730 roller cam, more porting, and added about 100 horse. Shifted at 7400.
Then I converted a factory intake to a single plane that still looked stock on the outside and picked up another 40 horse. This was all with exhaust manifolds for FAST.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"